Recognised professional designations
EMCQ final objective is to promote the marketing profession, as well as professional education in the field of marketing sales and communications.
Based on the necessity for marketers to identify themselves as belonging to a professional community, EMCQ has developed a professional designation program, which aims at bridging existing national programs, through an accreditation process.
EMCQ certification provides professionals with precise elements of mutual recognition based on very high standards:
An EMCQ accredited designation identifies a professional who:
- Is currently performing as a marketing professional
- Is highly qualified in the field of marketing
- Has provided evidence of his professional competence
- Has signed a professional code of conduct
- Is constantly working to keep his competencies updated and upgraded
- Is recognized by his peers as a high level professional
EMCQ has developed a range of designations to cope with different professional experience: EMP (Expert marketing professional), SMP (Senior Marketing Professional, PMP (Professional Marketing Practitioner). Designation for sales management is under preparation.
For instance, the standards required from an EMP are the followings
- The EMP should be an active professional at the date of his/her application to Certification; his/her professional activities should be in the field of marketing, include marketing or marketing related activities, run as a line occupation in marketing as an advisor or consultant, or as an entrepreneur.
The related position should be either:
a generalist marketing top level position, such as marketing director, chief marketing officer, group marketing director
any marketing related position connected with the following disciplines: product marketing, brand management, direct marketing, market research, marketing communications, or sales management
a consultancy position at senior level in a consultancy group. Most of the consultancy activity should be marketing related (general or specialised marketing areas) and reflect high expertise level
a CEO position. This CEO position should involve direct responsibility for the marketing strategy of the company.
The EMP should have to provide evidence of Professional Experience at senior management level in marketing, related to the 10 years prior to certification and of some experience at top level of management or expertise.
- The EMP must have been awarded a qualification at EQF level 7 “
- The EMP has provided evidence of his professional competence
He is expected to have contributed to the marketing profession through innovative actions (conference papers, press releases, rewards obtained, etc) and should be engaged in the constant upgrading of his knowledge, skills and Professional Competence
- The EMP has signed a professional code of conduct The fulfilment of its requirements provides safeguard to clients, employers, the marketing community, the National professional body, EMC and all other public or private stakeholders for appropriate action and performance of the Expert Marketing Professionals. The code of conduct should refer to basic principles, including integrity, Professional Competence and due care, professional behaviour and confidentiality.
- The EMP is constantly working to keep his competencies updated and upgraded, in order to:
- To reflect current best practice in marketing
- to acquire competences that demonstrate the most advanced and/or specialised skills and techniques in marketing that help to extend and/or redefine existing knowledge or professional practice
- to exchange information and knowledge with other marketing professionals in order to promote best practice
- to contribute to the upgrading of professional knowledge and practice of the marketing discipline and at the interface with other functions or disciplines